Published on:

Filing a Personal Injury Claim in New Hampshire: Do You Need an Attorney?

A car accident can happen to anyone anywhere, and it will often take a person completely by surprise and leave him or her reeling in shock, especially if injuries were sustained. Maybe you were out with your family driving along any one of our Granite State’s scenic highways, or maybe you were just running a quick errand to the store. Being in a car accident can irrevocably change your life in a matter of a few seconds.

If you are involved in an accident and get injured, your first priority is to seek medical attention. If the accident was serious, the police and other first responders will be called, and they will attend to everyone involved and transport them to the hospital if needed. If the accident was a minor one, you should still make an appointment with your general practitioner afterward just to get checked over because even a minor fender bender can leave you with whiplash or a back injury that may not present itself right away.

After an Accident in New Hampshire

Your second priority after a car accident in New Hampshire is to call a trusted and proven car accident law firm, such as Tenn And Tenn, PA. Most law firms will provide a free consultation about your case, and Tenn And Tenn, PA is no exception. Knowledgeable attorneys will discuss the extent of your accident, and they will be honest with you in providing information on what you could expect to receive if you decide to file a personal injury claim.

In New Hampshire, who was at fault for the accident matters very much. Unlike most other states, which have moved to “no-fault” insurance systems, New Hampshire statutes leave it up to drivers to decide whether they will file a first-party claim or a third-party claim to recover compensation for their injuries, property damage, and other claims. A first-party claim means you file a claim with your own car insurance, and a third-party claim means you file a claim against the other driver’s insurance company. Generally, it is recommended that you file a first-party claim and pay your deductible because eventually the other driver’s insurance company could make a payment and reimburse you for your deductible.

Another reason to have an attorney by your side when filing a claim is that yes, you will have actual medical bills that need to be paid (a fixed amount immediately), but an attorney can help you determine the dollar amounts of pain and suffering or lost future wages. They also understand the methods that the insurance company’s lawyers will try to employ to pay you as little as possible. The biggest thing to remember is that even though you may think you have good insurance, insurance companies really only care about their bottom line.

New Hampshire Accident Attorneys Tenn And Tenn, PA

If you were involved in an accident in New Hampshire due to someone else’s negligence, you have rights and deserve compensation for any injuries or property damage you received. You need the experienced accident attorneys of Tenn And Tenn, PA, on your side. Call us today on our toll-free Help Line at 1-888-511-1010 or contact us online.

Contact Information