Published on:

Can I Take A New Hampshire Impaired Driver Intervention Program In Another State?

New Hampshire requires drivers convicted of certain types of driving under the influence (DUI) offenses to attend an Impaired Driver Intervention Program (IDIP). Normally, a driver who receives a DUI conviction in New Hampshire is required to take the IDIP somewhere in the state of New Hampshire. Drivers who are out-of-state residents, however, may opt to attend an IDIP program in their home state, as long as they meet all the requirements of New Hampshire law to take the out-of-state IDIP.

In order to attend an out-of-state IDIP, a driver must submit documentation to the New Hampshire Department of Safety (NHDOS). Required documents include a certified copy of your motor vehicle record from every state you have lived in since the out-of-state New Hampshire DUI conviction and a sworn statement responding to specific questions asked by the NHDOS. The program must also provide documentation showing that it complies with the same requirements that New Hampshire IDIP programs must meet.

These are only a few of the requirements for switching an IDIP to your home state. Because the process can be challenging, the NHDOS notes that you are allowed to choose an attorney to work with you and to ensure you understand and meet all of the out-of-state IDIP requirements.

If you’re facing a DUI charge or conviction, the New Hampshire impaired driver intervention program attorneys at Tenn And Tenn, P.A. have years of experience in drunk driving cases and can help you fight for the best possible and make sure you meet all the state’s requirements. For a free and confidential consultation by phone, call us today at (603) 624-3700.

Contact Information